Giuseppe Logan

Facebook

Giuseppe Logan

The legendary jazz musician Giuseppe Logan died at the age of 84 from the coronavirus COVID-19. Matt Lavelle, Logan’s musical partner and old friend, confirmed his death on the WBGO jazz channel.

Logan is Friday the 17th. April, died at the Lawrence Center for Patient Care in Far Rockaway, Queens. Lavell confirmed that the musician’s death was caused by the coronavirus. Logan was known as a master of many instruments, including the saxophone, clarinet and flute.

Logan was killed on the 22nd. Born in Philadelphia in May 1935, he survived with his two sons Jae and Joe.

Giuseppe Logan was part of the free jazz movementin the sixties.

The autodidact was a free jazz stadium in New York City in the 1960s. He worked with some of the greatest talents of the time, including Bill Dixon, Archie Shepp and Faroa Sanders.

According to the WBGO, when Logan came to New York in 1964, he played the October Revolution in jazz with artists like Dixon and Cecil Taylor. A few weeks later he released the Giuseppe Logan Quartet, in which he collaborated with Milford Graves, Eddie Gomez and Don Pullen, among others.

In 1965 Logan released his second album More. It was recorded live at City Hall.

Logan disappeared from the music industry for 40 years due to addiction and mental health problems

More will be his last album in 45 years, since Logan disappeared from the music industry in the 70s. The New York Times reported that Logan had been out of reach for three decades, and in a 2012 interview he said my wife sent me to a mental institution. She said I was a drug addict.

Logan was hospitalized several times in Virginia and also lived for many years in the streets of Norfolk, Va. According to the New York Times report, Logan took drugs to improve his music.

he said: I prefer weed to any drug. There’s music in me when I smoke weed. Whatever music you’re considering, you can centralize it, you can concentrate on it. He raises his eyebrow because you have a deeper concentration.

Mr. Logan said: I’ve been gone for 30 years. I lost everything I had. I guess if I stayed in New York, I wouldn’t be as poor as I am.

In his 2012 report, Milford Graves spoke to the New York Times and stated that he believed Logan was dead. After their musical collaboration Graves saw Logan playing his flute on the street, begging for money. said Graves: I thought it was going to happen, some kind of malfunction. He was always on the edge. New York was too big for him.

Logan returned to New York in 2008 and resumed his musical career in.

In 2008 Logan, who received disability benefit, left Norfolk with his saxophone and traveled to New York City. With the help of Matt Lovell he returned to the music scene in 2009.

Lovell told the WHO that he discovered Logan in a music store in New York City and linked it to his identity. He said… Logan was at the place where he was trying to find his musical identity. Lavell helped the musician resume his musical journey, and on the 17th. February 2009 Logan played his first show.

In 2010 he recorded the Giuseppe Logan Quintet, followed by the Giuseppe Logan Project in 2011 and the Giuseppe … And they were cool in 2013.

READ NOW: Paul Haddad is dead: The dubbing artist Abode of Evil dies at the age of 56.